Friday, February 29, 2008

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!

Oy. It has been a heckuva few weeks. Sorry for the lull in blogs, Ladybug fans. Let's just say someone (not naming names, but she's about two feet tall) was very very sick for two weeks, including a double ear infection, bronchiolitis, fever and vomitting. There was little time to sleep, much less blog. But - said person is feeling MUCH better now. See?

Since my last post, our house has become newly divided. Do Mike and I have a fundamental difference of opinion? Does it have to do with the upcoming elections? No, sillies. Our house has been LITERALLY divided. In the form of - yes, say it with me - baby gates.


Celia is taking it pretty well, though. Considering that she is extremely mobile right now and we are basically cutting her off from unexplored territory, she doesn't seem to mind.

In fact, she kind of likes it, because the baby gate is just one more thing she can chew on.

Last weekend we went to St. Croix Bluffs Regional Park to celebrate our friend Kaarin's birthdeay. Kaarin turned 40 on February 1st, and we decided we had to do SOMETHING to celebrate. So, we rented the conference cottage at the park and had a blast hiking, eating, and sitting by the fireplace.

Jen, Mike and Celia

The Tiara'd Birthday Girl


Um, I don't know about you, but Kaarin looks like she should be turning 30, not 40. Sheesh. Kaarin loves spending time outside so this was a perfect day for her. We had a blast, too.


Our friends Jen and Andy have a baby, Lauren, who is just over a year (so, about three months older than Celia.) The borrowed a pulk for the day - it's like the sled form of a Burley. It was big enough that we could get both girls in there. They liked the idea . . . .

but then weren't quite so sure . . . .

Let's just say it worked for a while. And then it just didn't. As John Wayne would say, the pulk wasn't big enough for the both of them.

These last couple of weeks I also have been feverishly at work on a present for a baby shower that is being held tomorrow, March 2nd. I had to get the present done and shipped off in time for the shower, so there was a bit of scrambling. As soon as I know the shower has been held and the present opened, I will post pics of the gift, because I am quite proud of my handiwork!


4 comments:

Creative Life Studio said...

GrrrrEAT photos, Lael! :) It was nice to see Jen; I haven't seen her in a very long time it seems. And that is my first time seeing Lauren too. Cute, cute girls there!

Belated birthday wishes to Kaarin.

Looks like you guys had a fun day. And a pulk... who woulda thought? And who came up with that weird name? I mean, pulk? Why? But very cool, nonetheless.

Thanks for the update. I'll be sure to check back in tomorrow! Hee, hee! jk

- cole

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! My baby sure is a cutie! I also enjoyed seeing Jen's baby! Looks like you guys had a great time! Kaaren does look like 30 Lael, not 40!
Love you,
Mom

Leah said...

can't wait to see - you do some good work, there. Glad to hear that Miss Celia's on the mend!

belsum said...

I love the pics of her peeking through the gates. So cute!!