Friday, August 22, 2008

Videos of Toddlerhood

It has been a very long time since we have signed on. Sorry for the hiatus - it's summertime, and when it's beautiful outside it is hard for me to sit in front of a computer when I get home from work (especially since I have been sitting in front of one all day!) However, I realize that there are grandmothers and aunties and cousins out there that don't get to see us much and I apologize to them for the drought of videos. So - this blog has a toofer!

Celia has officially entered toddlerhood. She is walking - quite quickly, I might add - but that has not been the harbinger of Toddlerness. No, no, what has been the sure sign that we are entering a "new stage", shall we say, is the throwing herself on the floor and kicking. Often times it is not actually on a floor - she tends to prefer to throw herself in the sand at the playground, thus leading to mid-day baths for daddy. Even then, I have come home, given the girl a hug and had to ask Mike, "why does she have sand in her ears?"

Nevertheless, C is very fun. As you can see in this video, she has a cute sense of humor, and is beginning to be able to communicate more and more with us. Well, that is to say, if our conversations are about apples, bubbles or balls.


She is getting ready to move into the toddler room at preschool. She has visited a few times, and she really seems ready - she is much more interested in the toys in that room, especially the cause and effect ones. "If I put this ball here, dos it roll away?" "If I bang these things together, what sound does it make?" "If I stand up in my chair, will Momma tell me THIS TIME to sit down?" (Her answer - "surely not!" Mine - "sit DOWN, Celia.")

Anyway, we are working on the fun things that toddlers have to learn - drinking from a sippy cup and using a spoon, as this video shows.


We are heading out to the zoo tomorrow with Uncle Dave and Grandpa Gary for his birthday. I will try to put up some pictures next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great video! Loved the words and her eating segment! Can't believe the toddler room already! Send more of her walking, not just jumping, which looks like Olympic quality jumps, if I do say so myself!
Love you all,
Mom

Heather said...

Hooray! You're back!!!

I missed you guys...

Love ya!
Heather